Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Recording Session

Last week, a violin-performance friend, told me that she had given my name to a film score composer that she had worked with before and was looking for a soprano for a new piece for a short film she was scoring.

So after a lot of emailing back and forth including clips of my voice, descriptions, raw footage and midi music, and adjustments to the key, I have a recording session this Saturday.

It's not paying very much, but I'm hoping that starting to do little jobs like this will lead to more similar opportunities.  And it's always great to be able to make money (even if it's just a little) doing what you love.  That being said, I'm kind of excited about this.

Also on a music-related note, The Esoterics' next concert series is just about to start.  This project is called MYSTIKOS: giving voice to the ineffable, so it's all about mood and really cool ideas and (as always, with our group) music you probably won't hear anywhere else.  If anyone here is in the Seattle area, you should really consider coming to see it, you know, support the arts and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...