Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In case you didn't catch it,

Ann Coulter is actual satan.
Journalism and media at it's worst people.

I haven't yet written about politics on here, but I spend a large amount of each day getting extremely angry at republicans.  For many years, I have been adamantly against the usage of such terms as "retard," "gay," or "fag" in a demeaning sense.  In high school, some of my friends and I helped to found a regional chapter of the "Use Another Word" Campaign - trying to stop people from using such discriminating terms as insults out of ignorance and general privilege.
So naturally, when people around me are saying "you're such a faggot" or "this is retarded," you will surely hear me snapping at them "that's NOT what that word means and please don't use it around me.  And frequently what happens is that the person will think they have offended me not because what they said was completely rude and inappropriate  but because they think I must have some sort of relation with someone with a mental handicap, which is not the case.  It shouldn't matter if you have offended me because of who I know or who I'm related to, but it DOES matter that you are taking large parts of society who try harder to be happy than you ever will and saying that even their name or a reference to them is negative.  because who would want to be linked with the idea of being retarded.  because, you know, it's so damn terrible.

Recently Ann Coulter made a comment on twitter, that has seen no apology, likening the president to a retard in the most negative way possible.

So from the woman who brought you such gems as "Obama: "Stage 3 Romneysia" - because cancer references are HILARIOUS. If he's "the smartest guy in the room" it must be one retarded room."  Comes this wonderful statement: "I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard."

here's some more fun ones, because racism is just super awesome! :D



John Franklin Stephens, an affiliate with Special Olympics Virginia has written this open letter to said atrocious woman, hoping that she will see the error of her ways and learn to see those with disabilities in a different light, which you can read here:
http://specialolympicsblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/an-open-letter-to-ann-coulter/

I'm just disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...