So since I just got hired at the gap, I now have to give notice the next time I work, which is opening on friday. I'm really worried about it because I've never quit a job before and I'm not really sure what you're supposed to say to make it less uncomfortable. I want it to be more of a "it's not you, it's me" type of thing. Because I'm really incredibly busy right now, but my changing jobs will do nothing about it. And I'm not sure whether or not it's best to say that I'm working somewhere else, or saying that I'm just leaving for personal reasons.
Ok, so here are the reasons why I was looking for a different job
- I'm broke (but this job hardly pays any more)
- personal problems with a coworker
- uncomfortable feeling trying to trick customers to spend enough for me to bonus (and there will be a similar dynamic in almost any retail position.
- Being rated on email capture which can still completely fail despite how hard you're working, and then having that affect how many hours you are given a week
- store is having financial problems and cutting our shifts, changed our bonus system so we make less and a typical work day is very slow for the most part and low-grossing.
I just have no idea what to say and not feel bad about it.
Just have to go in there and do it. and it's going to suck. but then after two weeks, I'll never have to go into that store (or mall) again.
That's worth it, right.