Sunday, October 21, 2012

ugh. "fitness"

I feel awful.  Let's talk about why.

I haven't done any serious exercise (besides a ballet class and some light distance swimming for a class) in about three years and have been feeling worse and worse about that fact.  I never really push myself to work-out because I like how my body looks, even though I know I'm not in shape.

I went running late this afternoon because I figured that you just have to start and be crappy at it and not worry about how far you go, just that you're trying.  Probably jogged for around 20 minutes before I started getting terrible stomach cramps and had to walk home.  After showering and trying to drink some water, I ended up just staying in bed until now, where I still feel pretty bad when I get up.

I'm trying to decide if that's normal or not.
I mean, it shouldn't be, but don't people who work-out really hard after being sedate for a long time puke etc afterwards?  I don't know.

I want to keep doing this every week, and more frequently, but not if I have to deal with 4 hours of recuperating.


4 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! I don't have any advice to give because I am the most athetically uninclined person on the planet (probably) but I can give plenty of encouragement! WOOOO GO OCTAVIA YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks summer. and you are the opposite of stupid, so I'll have no more of that.

      Delete
  2. athetically? athletically. Wow in addition to being out of shape I'm also stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...