Monday, November 26, 2012

aftermath: part 1

Cullen played a short show tonight opening for his friend's band tonight.  It was over in belltown, and thankfully a friend could give us a ride so we wouldn't have to bus with all his gear.

After figuring out that it would be much better for me to calm down and try to move past the aforementioned bad news, I took some deep breaths and then a shower, and put energy into feeling good about myself by getting dolled up in a semi-sexy mostly black some red outfit with bright red lipstick and eyeliner.  At least focusing on something like that 1 - made me feel like somewhat of a badass, 2- took my mind off of things.

It was all going alright and I was having a nice time watching my boy play really, really well until I considered getting some food afterwards, or maybe getting a drink at the bar.  and then realized I could no longer spend ANY money.

Then, a large amount of melancholy forced itself upon me.  I was trying to smile and not seem too down about it because Cullen's friends were their and he had just played a great show and I didn't want to put a damper of things.

At this point, I just want to lie in bed and stare at the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...