Friday, November 30, 2012

Money Challenges

Ugh.  I know worrying's not going to help at all but I'm terrified.

As I mentioned a few days ago, I recently lost my job for semi-stupid reasons.  I'm halfway looking at craigslist now for part time jobs, but since I'm planning on being away between Christmas and new year's, I thought it would be better to start a new job in January.  So that's a month of no income (well, I'll be getting some sort of check from gap at some point, but I don't know when that is, I don't want to talk to them, and I don't want to go in there).

Supposedly, my mom should be alright on money for a little while - I haven't talked to her about any of this yet because I'm scared, but will have to soon - and she'll probably help me with paying for rent for the next month.

It's just that.....I don't want to work in retail anymore.  I don't want a crappy part time job doing something that means nothing to me.  What would be really nice is a part-to-full time job that is related to my field, or at least pointing in that direction.

So.  Soon, I'm going to email two of my teachers and ask them about any extra students that they can't take on/could delegate to me.  I'm going to continue writing on here.  I'm going to keep working on songwriting and composition.  And I'm going to try incredibly hard to get songs I have written performance and recording ready so I could get some decent tracks to start selling, and possibly start gigging as well.


(Also, Cullen and I are about to leave for the waterfront, and I'm going to try not to be blogging in the middle of the night, so that will probably be for tomorrow.)

My fingers are crossed and my heart is nervous.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh that's a lot going on. GOod luck with everything. For me it is SO hard whenever I have to let my parents know things, but then it feels much better after I do. It's just getting it out of my mouth that's the hardest.
    I hope everything works out for you. =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...