Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving post, of course!

So here's a confession for you - 70% of the time, I only end up actually writing a post because Cullen's already taken the tv for gaming so I end up on my computer.  And of course, there's all the homework, but the lack of an xbox option greatly contributes to how frequently I post thing here.

Moving right along.
So as I had written before, our friend Summer has been in the area this week and came over to our place for thanksgiving, which ended up being really nice, because having someone else over pushed us to make a bigger deal out of it.

She came over around noon and the three of us got slightly dressed up before going to get groceries.  Then we started cooking everything at once and I think that's the busiest that kitchen will have been for a long time.  
Look at all those groceries!  Well, that's not a crazy amount, but we already had a bunch of the ingredients, and some of it was already being cooked.

I have no idea what is happening here.

Summer and I making pumpkin pie.  I was going to make a homemade maple whipped cream, but when the time came around, I was way to dead from all that food to get up anytime soon.





Everything ended up being crazy delicious and we all got disgustingly full.  So, an inventory of everything we made - crescent rolls, a mushroom galette Summer's a vegetarian, so we tried to have a lot of non-meat options), vegetable broth stuffing, baked ham, Garlic-green onion-sour cream and butter mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie, topped off with sparkling cider. Oh, and Cullen's mom sent us an inflatable turkey for last year, so we just had it around as a tradition now.


(and we almost forgot the canned cranberry jello, oh noes!)

The one rather unfortunate aspect of thursday night was the fact that I had to try to fall asleep by 6:30 is because I was working a black friday shift that started at 3 am.  I ended up being quite lucky that sleep drugs exist.  god, that morning was pretty terrible though.

But all in all, it was a pretty wonderful thanksgiving.  Summer's leaving tomorrow, but it was super fun to have her here.



(here's a winter sunset at 4:00 through a dirty window to close this post)

So happy belated thanksgiving I guess. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so honored to be in a photo on your blog! I miss you guys already.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...