Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Teeny Tiny Kitchen: Doughnut French Toast

So I've been in the kitchen a lot these last few days, making homemade cream of mushroom soup yesterday, beef stroganoff tonight, and a special dessert I made tonight, but can't talk about it since it's a very obvious surprise for someone who probably knows it's coming, so instead, I'm going to show you pictures from when I made doughnut french toast the other morning.


So I've never really used any sort of recipe for french toast; it's generally pretty simple to make up whenever I'm making it.  but yeah, milk/half and half, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, whatever else you like.

and a crapload of butter.  this is important.  or at least it's important to me.  
...
I LOVE BUTTER, GET IT?


Mmm, soggy bread. 


Now the yummyness is beginning.


Err, so in the past, I've done this with a blender with just raspberries and powdered sugar.  But Cullen and I don't have a blender because we're broke college students.  So I let a very small amount of water boil, put some raspberries and basically made the beginning of jam, just with powdered sugar, and poured on top as a  syrup.


And it was sooooo good.  

I didn't really write about anything else here today because I had three papers to turn in since it is now finals week for the rest of the school (the music department has finals a week before everyone else).  

But by next week I'll be getting into a phase where I have nothing to do with my time and will be contemplatively writing all the time, so be warned.

2 comments:

  1. that looks so yummy!

    ps. i nominated your blog for The Liebster Award! see more details here: http://organicgrey.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-liebster-award.html

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh thank you! for both parts of that comment. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...