Friday, December 14, 2012

The Liebster Award...?



Ok, so I've been a tumblr blogger for a little over two years (and came to blogspot because I was looking for a more serious platform) so I'm very familiar with people asking random facts and other questions like that, however, I have no idea how to do awards and stuff.

Recently, Kristyn over at Organic Grey let me know that she had nominated me for the liebster award - an award for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  However, never having done blogger award stuff before, I'm not really sure what else I'm supposed to do, besides smile a lot.



So, Here's a bunch of details about me, woo!
11 random facts:

1 - Until my freshman year of college, when I was at school in Chicago, I couldn't pick a favorite color.  And then after staring out the window at the blueish-grey lake michigan on a cloudy day, I realized that muted blues and seafoams had always been my favorite colors.

2 - I will make a serious effort to use the word "whom" when the time is fitting

3 - I will not watch a movie before reading the book.  I did this once almost two years ago and am still disappointed in myself for it.

4 - I freaking love DIY, largely because I have so little money.  So when I see cool things, I just end up thinking "I could make that and save money!"

5 - Since coming up with these facts is really difficult, I'll use this one: I love photography and am always trying to learn more about the technical aspects of it, including the manual workings of the camera body and lenses, but I think I basically know next-to-nothing about the inner workings of cameras in general.  (I've been trying to figure out an error message for about an hour)

6 - I have a hard time falling asleep unless I'm the last one falling asleep.  Probably something of an older sibling complex.

7 - I'm a ravenclaw, nerdfighter, feminist (obviously), musician, gamer, whovian, bibliophile.

8 - I seriously miss math and science classes.  those really clicked for me and I love getting a serious 

9 - I don't wear makeup.  In high school, I used to do tinted moisturizer and powder and eyeshadow and mascara and whatever else I felt like.  And in the past two years, my skin has basically stopped breaking out altogether.  so the only makeup I ever wear is something as an accent every once in a while, like bright red lipstick or heavy liquid eyeliner.

10 - When I doodle, it's almost always henna designs.  because I really like henna.

11 - When I'm cold, I curl my feet under my boyfriend.  and I think it's kind of funny all the things I do that he's gotten used to.



and now the questions from kristyn:

1) What is your favorite city and why?
Well, my favorite place in the world is a lot easier to determine than my favorite city.  My favorite place is Westwind, which is the camp my family rents in the winter so we have all those acres of forests, meadows, hiking trails, ponds, cabins, and beaches to ourselves.  this year, we leave on the 26th and I'm really excited.


2) If you could pick any career in the world which would you choose?

The one I'm in now: music.  doing something else with my life was never even an option.

3) What is your favorite TV series?
ok, normally I would say Doctor Who, but this new season, and a lot of the previous season, has been so bad that I don't know if I can call it my favorite anymore.

4) If you could live in another country, which would it be?
I would like in the UK.  somewhere in the countryside, surrounded by nature.  Or France, but that requires speaking passable french.  which I do not.  My french is awful.

5) What's your go-to outfit?
Before this term, it was probably a beige and pastel floral dress with leggings and a cream cable knit cardigan, but after being so busy this term, it was probably my green khakis and a cream lace blouse.  pants are easier when I'm busy all day.

6) What do you think is the ideal age?
errrrrrr, I have no idea.  I'm just going to say that I hope my life gets better and better every year.  and also, that decay from age seriously terrifies me.

7) What's one thing you're proud of from this past year?
I just finished earning my undergraduate degree.

8) One resolution for 2013?
To find a job I'm happy with that's a part of my career.  to be working in music.  oh, and to record enough to start trying to circulate an EP.

9) What's your favorite holiday?
I think it's christmas.  I might be biased because it's december, but I love winter and snow and christmas time and lights and cocoa.  yeah, it's probably christmas.

10) Favorite blog to read?
Oh noes!  umm I'm going to list a famous one because that seems more fair.  I read the beauty department's posts all the time and they're my go to page for makeup and hair tutorials.

11) What are you looking forward to this holiday season?
I'm seriously hoping that my boyfriend can come down to portland and then westwind with me, because we haven't spent a christmas together yet and that would make me so happy.  But if that doesn't work out, just being there in nature, hiking, spending time on the beach in parkas and boots, reading by the fire, and eating christmas cookies sounds pretty damn great.

Oh crap.  so at this point I'm supposed to nominate 11 blogs, but I don't know how I'm supposed to do that (like, do I have to send these names somewhere), nor do I think I'm following many people with less than 200 followers that wouldn't have already been nominated for this.

so, sorry if I'm letting anyone down for this last part.
"I nominate the grinch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...