Sunday, January 20, 2013

Almost a Letdown...

Yesterday, I wrote and said that I had a big surprise which I would reveal to you today.
I would love for this to be a bigger deal, but unfortunately, my surprise didn't work out quite as I had hoped.

My surprise was....I dyed my hair!  For the first time in my life!



Now, working with red dyes can be sort of scary (or at least that's the impression I had), so I'll just tell you right now, my hair looks fine right now, not weird or anything.

It's just not as bright and colorful as I had hoped

So, in the next few days, I'm either going to go try to find the same dye again and just repeat the process, or see if some friends of mine that have experience with this would feel like coming over and helping me (and maybe taking me to a beauty supply store for something more legit).

When I woke up this morning, I could see the color a bit more in the daylight and since it was dry, so I wanted to take some pictures of it in the sunlight to see if the color would show up any more.



It didn't really.  But I got some great photos out of the occasion, thanks to my wonderful boyfriend who is always willing to take pictures of me.  Because he's super sweet, gosh shush whatever I don't know shut up about it *smirk*.

It's hard to narrate unwillingly gushing about someone in text.

Hopefully, if all goes well, my hair will be way more burgundy-ish in the next week or so.  But boy, was that a toxic-smelling experience last night.

15 comments:

  1. Wherever you are, I love it! You look gorgeous in these photos!

    Also-
    I've been dying my hair since I was 13 (I'm 20 now. And I have blue hair at the moment, haha.) If you want it to be super bright, get a brand like Splat (if you want to use a box.) If you're up for trying jars/bottles though, Manic Panic and Raw. I used Raw for my blue. Another thing as well- If you want it to be brighter after you use another dye, you're going to have to bleach your hair a little bit. Dye is brighter on lighter hair. (:

    If you have anymore questions/comments/etc about it though, you're certainly welcome to email me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, I love that color!!

    Sabrina
    http://bbutterflybrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I love your blog, your style and your new hair colour. It's so rich and looks beautiful. Unfortunately for me, still living under the roof of slightly strict parents means I'm not allowed to die my hair. As soon as I graduate I'm going to go crazy and dye it bubblegum pink. :D

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And bubblegum pink sounds pretty damn awesome (even though it's a color I'd never consider for myself).

      Delete
  4. You look nice, I like it.
    and bte, I norminated you fot the Laine Blogger awards.
    Check my blog for more info.
    xx

    http://heelsandcrystals.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much (on both accounts)!

      Delete
  5. I have dark hair like you and it really is hard to get as vibrant of a color as on the box. It's a lil annoying that the picture of what your hair color is in reference to what it will become is not more accurate.

    I think your hair looks great and in the light you can definitely see the red shine through! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Yeah, the color I got was less, er, vibrant than what the box projected for someone with black hair, and though I have dark brown hair, it's nowhere near that dark. ughhh.

      Delete
  6. Yeah, if you have dark hair already and if you use box color--it's very hard to get a vibrant red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks nice! I've dyed my hair box red dozens of times and it never comes out really bright. You'd probably have to bleach it or something first... but be careful. I bleached over red once and it came out quite orange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on dying your hair for the first. I'm sorry your disappointed with the result, I feel the same way every time I dye my hair it's never quite as good as I hoped it would be. I think you're hair looks lovely.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Octavia! If you're looking to get a really vibrant red, unfortunately you have to bleach the crap out of your hair and then any red dye you'd want to put in would work well. If you want to keep your color fresh, get Manic Panic red temporary hair dye and mix it with your conditioner and work it through your hair in the shower and let it sit for like 5 to ten minutes. That's what I did when my hair was really red and it kept the color fine. Also, your showers will look a bit Psycho-esque because red dye washes out really easily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good! Like others have said it's really hard to get bright colors if you have brown hair. I had some luck with a few box reds, but it was more of a red shine then a proper red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think darker hair is always the hardest to dye over, but if you keep dying your hair with this box and going lighter each time, you will reach a brighter color :D

    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...