Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Butter Chicken

I have no idea what differentiates  Chicken Tikka Masala from Butter chicken, but in my mind, they're pretty interchangeable.

But before I get into that, today I dropped off a resume (and tried to talk to the staff a little bit) at a nearby cheesecake bakery that a friend of mine works at.  I had mentioned to gretchen that I was thinking about asking that friend if her work was hiring, and then she went ahead and talked to her for me, which was quite sweet.

 She said that someone had just recently quite and they were looking for somebody with open availability to work during the work-week.


 So I got all dolled up to go talk to them a bit, and just waned to show off my twisty hair.  Hopefully I'll hear back in the next few days, but if not, I just call and bug them.

And then tonight, our roommate was offering to buy groceries if I would cook dinner for everyone, which works pretty well for me. :)

So for butter chicken, you uhhhhh, start with chicken.



See?  ok, then I seasoned everything with the following:
  • salt
  • seasoning salt
  • paprika
  • cumin
  • a tiny bit of cinnamon
  • cayenne pepper
  • normal pepper
Coat you chicken in that mix, and then put in a big-ass pan.  add a bunch of butter to cook it in.
Because it's call butter chicken.  GET IT?


see, yumyumyum.


Alright, next you dice a bunch of tomatoes.  I did 4 roma tomatoes because I like those best for no logical reason. Add those to the pan and cook on medium high until they squish down.

 There's probably a lot of liquid at this point, BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.  here, you add a bunch of cream cream to the mixture and let it all bubble until it thickens.

THIS IS WHERE THE DELICIOUS HAPPENS.

When the sauce is thick enough for your taste, turn of heat and serve over rice.  and eat way too much because it's tasty as f*ck.



I've got high hopes about this cheesecake place.  I reallyreallyreally hope they call me back.
But for now, there's more coffee ice cream in the freezer.


6 comments:

  1. Aw, I love your outfit! You look totally cute. Good luck with the job hunt :) Working at a cheesecake bakery would be AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish, your outfit is adorbs, and i like how hard you're looking for a job, i hope you find one soonly, a cheesecake bakery doesn't sound to bad! =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Found your blog today and I am now a new follower! : ) You look adorable all dolled up, loving your hair! And that chicken? YUM! Me and the hubby would love it, thanks for sharing! I'd love it if you checked out my blog as well!

    Xoxox

    http://keepingupwiththecyperts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just wanted to let you know, I tried to comment on your most recent post, and the comment feature doesn't seem to be working. But this one does. It may be my computer... but I wanted to let ya know :)

    P.S. I tagged you! http://agoodthinkingplace.blogspot.com/2013/02/tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so yummy! lovely combo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...