Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Delicious Contradictions

Throughout my adult life (so really, just the past 3+ years) I have tried over and over to try and live more healthily.  And more often than not, to no avail.  Usually these "health fads" of mine last for about 4 days tops.  and then I forget.

So I figure if I write about it, I'll feel like there's more reason to stick to it.  Especially since this is such a supportive atmosphere.

Alright so last night, I tried to give it a start.  My friend Melinda mentioned this workout video a few weeks ago and said it worked really well, so I decided to try it out.



Despite the fact that I actually started this just after 2am, I still felt somewhat good about exercising and bad about how out of shape I am (NO upper body strength, besides my conducting muscles).

So I decided that I want to do one small workout circuit monday through friday and then go jogging on one day of the weekend.  Along with trying to progressively drink more water.  I'm thinking that because I always try to do everything at once and it falls through, if I try just doing a little bit of exercise and water, that trying to add in healthier foods slowly won't seem so daunting.

Now, as I sit here writing, I'm feeling like quite the hypocrite because I'm eating some awesome chocolate tuxedo cake.  Gretchen got me some chocolate since I did her photos and posters so now I'm reaping the delicious benefits.

Ok, I swear I'll cut back on sweets soon, just lemme finish this cake first...  

1 comment:

  1. I'm in a similar boat. I will randomly start a really great and diligent workout routine, but soon lose my steam and just fizzle out. A lot of people do that, I think. I try to eat healthy every day and I do pretty good, but my problem is that I NEED an exercise routine and I don't have that. Yet! :)

    Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! Definitely post your progress cause I bet it will help you, and inspire us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...