Saturday, January 19, 2013

Funk Night

Last night, Cullen and I went to see our friend's band, The Kelu Band, play at a big funk/hip hop show they were putting together.

This friend always does recording and mixing for Cullen and I for free just because he like it and wants more experience.  So I took pictures for him for free.  But before we get to that, here's what I wore last night.  Complete with our lovely puppy calendar.  



skinny black cords, burgundy red v-neck tee that's super tight and therefor sexy, silver leaf necklace from my friend emily, circle scarf knitted by emily, and my leather jacket.   I thought this was quite a "concert" look.

I have a big surprise to write about tomorrow, but for now, here are my favorite photos from last night's show.


Alright, I'm pretty tired but also really excited about tonight's events/what I'm going to be writing about tomorrow.  But for now, let me know what you think of the photos, if you feel so inclined.  It was pretty dimly lit in there, so the whole time, I was battling to try to get clear photos that aren't super grainy.  I'm using my macro lens on most of them because it has the biggest aperture.

ok, goodnight you lovely people.


8 comments:

  1. These are fantastic. Low lighting is always a challenge, I think you won! :) My fave is {from the bottom} 3rd up, of the guy singing=)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! (I was really worried about them being sub-par, but the guy I was taking them for said he really like them.)

      Delete
  2. amazing photographs. :)

    oliveneedspopeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Noni, I think you beat the dim light! These photos turned out great. I think my faves are the fifth, sixth, seventh, and last one. Haha.

    Cute outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the third from the top. Concentration. :)

    I like your jacket a lot! I've been on the lookout for one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, that jacket is one of my favorite pieces to utilize. especially with matte red lipstick.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like fun! I love the photos! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...