Sunday, January 13, 2013

Liebster Award, take deux.

A few days ago, Anne over at The Belgian Girl nominated me for the Liebster award, yay!  So, first things first, big thanks to anne for actually liking my blog enough for that; that sort of "feedback" is very much appreciated.




Alright, the rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:


  1. List 11 facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left
  3. Ask 11 new questions for those you nominate
  4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
  5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
  6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog



Next, 11 facts about me:

1. I love coffee "flavored" things more than I like plain coffee.  Because when I get coffee, I get the sweetest most creamed-up drink on the menu.  Because that's the only way I can drink it.  (also, the caffeine seriously makes my stomach hurt.  stupid organs!)
2. Somehow, my personality allows me to hold the ideals of extreme and perfect feminism and domestic goddess-ness in harmony with each other.
3. I believe that Kristen Wiig is my spirit animal.  she is perfect and I think my crazy matches her crazy and her fearlessness of making unattractive faces for the sake of humor.  
(for example, here's a compilation of some lovely photos of me)


4. I am really bad at consoling people.  But strangely, I get overly sympathetic/empathetic about nearly anything.  especially for movies and shows.  I get really emotional, whoops.

5. I'm really good at playing hearts.  well, not great.  I hardly ever try to shoot because it just about never works out for me, but whenever I'm with my family, my two uncles, one of my cousins, and I always play hearts, so I'm getting better each year.  This year I actually shot the moon on accident.  which was awesome and hilarious.

6. I effing love space.  I love astronomy and the idea of astrophysics (because I'm not smart enough to actually understand astrophysics, I just like when people explain it to me in easy terms.  Like Neil deGrasse Tyson).  I think calculus is really fun, though I hardly remember how to do it, and I'm continually enchanted by the universe.

I think the point of the universe is not to know, but to keep looking.

7. I've never really been "asked out" nor has anyone asked me to a dance, or asked to dance with me (except for this one totally shit situation that I won't explain now).  which is a depressing fact.  I feel like this fact, accompanied by all the ugly pictures is not making me look very good, but there are pretty pictures of me, I swear!

8. Recently, I've started wearing makeup, and though I like how it looks, it's making me question me opinion of myself.  I usually don't wear makeup at all (except for every-once-in-a-while occasions) and now I'm trying to ask myself if I actually like how I look wearing makeup more than without it, and hoping that my answer hasn't changed.

9. Cloudy skies and lots of nature is where I am most comfortable.  I love the pacific northwest, and don't think I could ever permanently live in a different environment.  I want to live  far, far out in nature and wake up to green and grey, to dew and sunlight and ice, and stand outside when it starts to snow.
10. I am afraid of crazy exotic weird plants.  especially those that are really big.  Like anything with really big leaves seriously scares me.  or carnivorous things.  Also, I'm terrified of communicable diseases (sort of), like epidemic type things, where things wither and cannot be fixed.  So shows and movies about some sort of virus being released onto the public scare me so bad.

11. I'm a big Anglophile and Francophile.  I want to go to graduate school in London, and I've been trying to learn french my whole life, and still only know how to put together basic sentences.   le sigh.


And now the questions for me:



1.  What do you want to accomplish in your life?
I want to make a living as a musician.  I want to write and perform and release music that people are actually excited to buy.

2. What are you studying?
I just finished all my credits for my Bachelor of Music.  I was studying classical voice.

3. Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn?
Audrey Hepburn.  For sure.

4. Favourite Movie?
This question is always so hard!   I love Amelie and Persuasion and Jane Eyre, and I watched Howl's moving castle and princess Mononoke within the past few days and REALLY loved them.

5. What is the weirdest thing you like?
The only thing I can think of right now is a food thing, but I'm sure there are lots of other weird things I like.  Because I'm a weird person.  There are these breakfast toaster pastries that are filled with (probably all fake or super cheap and unhealthy) eggs, cheese, and whichever type of meat you choose.  I like to cut the ends off and eat those first, then peel off the top layer and fold the rest in half so I get one awesome bite with all the good stuff in it.  I don't like doing this in front of people.

6. Heels or ballerinas?
Flats.  No doubt about that.  Sometimes, I can be quite partial to a low pump or other low-heeled shoe, but I wear flats pretty much every day, and I love them.

7. What is your favourite trend of this past year?
Uh oh, this is where the assumption that I keep track of "style trends" is going to be corrected.  I really have no idea about popular trends in fashion right now, but I can tell you what sort of styles I like - braided updo's, tweed (and similar) blazers, pastels, lace dresses, nature/hiking-esque clothing.  tulle, nature themed jewelry, rosy pink makeup, "classic" styles.  I don't know...pretty things?

8. If you could choose, who would you look like?
I wouldn't change anything.  I know I am very lucky to have self-esteem that allows me to feel this way.

9. What is your biggest dream?
See question 1.  then add on some time spent living in england and france, traveling the world to see nature, to camp and hike and take road trips and not to worry about money

10. Your favourite spot in the world?
Westwind.

11. Your favourite meal?
Eggs Benedict.  yesyesyesyesyesplease.




My questions for those I have tagged:

1.  What would your sleep schedule be like if you had nothing to do?
2.  If some magical stranger paid your airfare to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3.  Would you take the chance to live off of the land if you could?
4.  Does your favorite color have any special meaning to you?
5.  What do you do for a living, and what would you like to be doing to make a living?
6.  Do you have a celebrity idol?
7.  Do you play any instruments/consider yourself to have any musical prowess?
8.  What was the last book you read, what was your opinion of it?
9.  What was your childhood dream job?
10. What is the most influential piece of music in your life?
11. Are there any word or phrases that you say as a bad habit and wish you could stop?

And lastly, those whom I nominate:

1.  Marlee at String of Events
2.  Alyssa at Sweet Humbling Heights
3.  Jess at Broken into Beautiful
4.  Trina at This Ginger
5.  Eleanor at Joie de Vivre
6.  Clara, Kelsey, and Jordyn at ps: heart
7.  Angela at Lovely Llorys
8.  Enid at Enid Twiglet
9.  Grace at Cappuccino and Chocolate
11. Morgan and Norman at Reece's Pieces

(Oh my god.  this post took about 2 hours to orchestrate.  ugh.)

10 comments:

  1. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html

    Also,My daughter, Kisha, also is taking over Fill In the Blank Fridays. The person doing it has decided she can't do it anymore so Kisha is now doing it. Her first one is today. Would love for you to join us there also. It's a fun one. Her blog ishttp://www.kjaggers.com/2013...

    You can also go to her page and at the to sign up for a reminder on both of these each week
 Have a wonderful evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination Octavia! {And also for following me!} I love your blog. I visited Seattle this summer and I absolutely loved it; I am jealous that you live there!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, and thanks!

      I've been living in seattle for about 3 years and am really starting to love it more and more.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! Love the post: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Octavia!

    Thank you for your comment on my blog! I am loving yours so far, and it seems we have some things in common (love nature, very emotional but not good at consoling people, feminist/homemaker type, etc..) so I'm definitely going to be your newest follower!

    Sabrina
    http://bbutterflybrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the nomination, you can read my answers here http://enidtwiglet.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/the-lovely-octavia-from-octavia-and.html

    Enid T x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on fact #9. I find I'm far more comfortable around nature environments. Sometimes perhaps too much so! I think one day I'd enjoy living far away from things where it's quiet and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more with your #4 fact. I can't watch people get embarrassed on tv because I feel like I'm only making it worse for them by watching, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...