Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Liebster, take 3.

Wow!  Three times in a little under two months, I think!  Thank you so much everyone.  So this time, I was nominated by the wonderful Britt over at Three Inch Stitch.

Since I have done this recently, I'm going to break the rules (what?! no! How dare you!) and just do the facts and questions, but not ask and nominate this time, since I don't want to feel like I'm bothering people.  Sorry!

Ok, so first, 11 facts about me.

1) My boyfriend and I drink more milk than anyone you know.  Unless you know baby cows.  and then it's pretty close.  (our roommate can attest to this).

2) I spend most of my time during the day right next to a space heater.

3) I use a lot of internet humor.

4) I'm really good at getting rich in video games.  Every game I play (especially open world ones where there's an achievement for it) I end up having a TON of money.  Also, I'm a boss at Skyrim.

5) Cullen and I want to start a gaming/vlog/music channel on youtube that we share and run together.  We just came up with a pretty perfect name last night but I don't want to spoil it.  I'll write about it more when it's more relevant.

6) I really love christmas lights, so we use some in our bedroom for lighting year-round

7) In regards to cooking, I have an estimation-over-measuring mentality

8) I've been trying to learn french my whole life.  I'm still crap at it.

9) If you demonstrate any sort of sexism towards or around me I will verbally kick your ass until you run.

10) If my eyes "stutter" while reading, I get really unsettled and have to go back and read the whole page again.  Otherwise, I feel like I've missed something.

11) I fantasize about running a this blog as a job.


and Britt's questions for me:

1) How long have you been blogging?
I started on tumblr in the beginning of 2010, and I've had this blog since late september 2012

2) Have you been nominated for this award before?
Hmm, I feel like I know the answer to this one...

3)What does your typical day look like?
Ugh. Well now that I'm not in school and still looking for a job (which is not working very well), I'm at home a lot.  I'm not too fond of how much of a homebody I've become.  But I spend a lot of time networking with other blogs and finding new people, other internet fun-times, cooking, reading, working on photography, or playing video games.  For example, today I lost a few hours to minecraft. Which I had never played before and now I really like.

4) Do you have and furry (or scaly, feathered, slimy) friends?
Nope.  Cullen and I really want to get a kitten, but we don't have any money and wouldn't have any time for a new pet until this summer.  So we're sort of hoping to plan on getting a kitten this summer.

5) What are your favorite crafts to make?
Whatever is useful and will save me money.  The reason I do DIY anything is usually because I couldn't afford/justify the normal version and try to make something on my own.  I like pretty apartment decorations like figuring out wall art, making pretty containers/jars for the kitchen, "decorating" candles etc.

6) what was you favorite toy from childhood?
I don't actually remember any toys that I totally loved when I was little.  I remember being super excited about these porcelain dolls I got for christmas, back when we still lived on Vashon.  I loved sky dancers.  And according to my mom, my cozy coupe was basically my favorite thing in the world when I was a toddler.  At one point I stole my mom's car keys and kept them in there because it made me feel like a grown-up.  and then my mom had to go to work.  And couldn't find her keys and couldn't get me to answer her, so she used some deductive parenting skills.

7) What is your favorite place to be?
Westwind.  But really, I just love being in nature in general.  Rural areas, because living in a city is very trying for me.

8) If you could live anywhere (other than where you are right now), where would it be?
Paris.  I want to spend at least a few years living a Parisian life.  I'm also quite fond of england.  And two schools that I'm seriously looking at for graduate school are in london.

9) What would you consider one of your greatest accomplishments?
I finished college.  does that count?

10) What is your favorite book?
hhhhhhlongsigh.  Ok, so Harry Potter books are my favorites, but so are Jane Eyre and Persuasion.  I don't have a solitary favorite.

11) What is one thing you want your readers to know about you through your blogging?
Sometimes I worry that the way I blog doesn't let very much of my sense of humor come through, and I think my, er, silliness and jokes make up a big part of my personality.  So I hope that people can see that part about me.

3 comments:

  1. I like your last answer best. I'm a super silly person, constantly making sarcastic remarks about everything and laughing at myself cos my family is to used to my amazing sense of humor that they don't even recognize it as humor. and sometimes i am afraid that my bloggers don't realize how hilarious i am/can be. ;)
    i like that you have a sense of humor, its one of the first things i noticed when i first visited/followed here! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. little miss popular over here! haha :) good for you! your sense of humor definitely comes through, i love it.

    ps. i wanted to let you know that i changed the address of my blog (in addition to some other recent updates) in case you went looking for me and couldn't find me! here's a link: http://poppyeventsblog.blogspot.com/
    also, feel free to switch out the old button with a new one from my blog! same sizes and everything :)

    have a great weekend!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow third time around, congrats! Everyone looove syou ;) And i have christmas lights up all year round too. they're just so dreamy and pretty. and yor youtube channel sounds fun, you guys should totally go for it!

    and i'm impressed about getting rich on video games. im alwaaaays a poor beggar on those haha

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...