I remember when I was in high school, I was in Future Business Leaders of America (I know, this really didn't fit me at all, but my friends were in it). When we had our group picture taken for the yearbook, we always had to look up and to the...right, I think? The point was that we were looking to the future.
eh? see what I did there?
ok, well in this new year that I keep mistaking for the last when I write the date, I have yet to write down any firm wishes for my life this year. I don't want to say resolutions because those never really mean anything after january. But I do have several things I'm really looking forward to and that I want myself to accomplish. In my mind, these seem slightly different from resolutions.
1. The most immediate of these plans is to start running a music monday system. Now, I'm not talking just posting whatever music I like and putting up a youtube video of it. I want to put out a video or recording of myself playing some sort of cover every monday, and then post one original piece of original music each month.
I often go into long periods of time where I'm feeling unoriginal and uninspired. I'm hoping this plan will help me tackle that feeling.
2. Cullen and I want to start a gaming channel. We've been talking about it for the past few weeks and having been trying to figure out what sort of hardware we would need to get video out from our tv to a computer because it would mostly be console games. We were also talking about making this a music channel and vlog channel for both of us, so hopefully, closer to the summer, you'll see me writing a lot more about these plans.
3. Cullen and I are also planning on taking a beginning capoeira class during the summer. When he was in high school, he was in what was basically an outdoor school program for a year and also took frequent capoeira classes so he was really in shape. Now, neither of us get enough exercise, but we both feel that this would be a really fun option.
ok, now they get more like resolutions.
4. drink more water. eat more fruit. because I'm the worst at this.
5. bring my camera with me everywhere
6. learn how to use my film camera, learn to fully understand most technical aspects of photography
7. actually bake this year. I love baking and hardly did any last year, so I'm looking forward to more cooking and baking.
8. (once I have a job) start a savings account. I'm so poor. seriously, I have no idea what I'm doing for rent next month.
that's all I've come up with for now.
Since we spent the whole day cleaning or lounging around, I don't have any interesting photos, but I did take a picture of COOKIE BUTTER AND HAGELSLAG ON TOAST. which is totally delicious.