Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thank you! ...and a steak dinner.

A few days ago, I hit the 50-follower mark and I'm really excited about it!  I just wanted to tell each of you how much I appreciate the fact that you take some time every once in a while to listen to whatever the hell I'm writing about.

I always read comments and try to respond to them as often as possible unless I start to feel redundant and semi-useless.


So yes, a big thank you to all of you for your support for this blog as it continues to grow.

Last night Cullen and I were in a lots-of-meat-for-dinner mood, and at the store we found bogo steaks.  A steak dinner seems to somewhat fit a small celebration, so I made whiskey glazed steak with french bread and Irish Cheddar (not exactly a balanced meal, but hey, we're out of foodstamps for the month).


I don't know, does it count as "glazed" if you just pour booze in the pan while cooking?


I feel like I can never do steak well, because whenever we buy it, we make it right then, without any prep. But this one turned out alright, in my opinion.


You might say "Wow, Octavia, I think champagne is a little too much celebration for such a small event in your life" and I would say, well yeah, it's sprite!  You can't buy alcohol on your foodstamps card, and I can't spend any money right now.  But we just got some new wine glasses recently because my mom was moving, and I just felt like using them to be fancy and sh*t (the asterisk is for your sake, not mine).

With all that being said, I think I'll go prepare a marinade for the other steak so we can have a super awesome one tonight.

Thanks everybody!










5 comments:

  1. Well congrats! Looks now like you have 51, thats pretty awesome :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I haven't seemed to be around much in the blog world over the past few days, but you are just one of my favorite bloggers that I follow. Really. I think that we'd be great friends in real life.

    In any case, I'm so excited for you that you finally hit fifty! I'm trying to get there as well. (:

    I hope you're still having a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D congratulations! That's great! that steak looks amazing...*mmm*

    I can't wait to get to 50. I'm *almost* there. :D <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Here's the post I did:
    http://eickyeicky.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award-take-2-and-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on hitting 50 followers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...