Thursday, January 3, 2013

Year in Review (Late!)

Yes, I know it's already 2013, but I still think it's worth going over some of the more important events of the last year, since this blog is pretty new, there's a lot it missed.

January:
  • I started my 2nd to las term of college

  • seattle was hit by a crazy awesome snow storm.  our apartment became a place for our friends to crash when they walked to far in the snow and would freeze before making it home.

  • recorded this cover on a little handheld recorder ~ link here! 
  • Read The Fault in our Stars and cried the whole time.
  • Started playing Oblivion
February:
  • Worried about graduate school daily.
  • Recorded these pieces
March:
  • I think this is when we bought Skyrim.
  • so that's what happened to all of march.
April:
  • was hired for my first job ever.
  • wrote 4 short pieces entitled "Vignettes of a Confessional."  Here's one, you can find the rest on soundcloud  
  •  
  • I was drowning in schoolwork
  • Cullen's family came to visit and the sun started to come out, which meant more trips to park and more walks outside.
      .
May:
  • Starting working retail
  • Cullen and I had our 1 year anniversary

  • Spent a ton of time in rehearsals for "Approaching Ecstasy" - the ballet my choral director wrote for us, The Esoterics and Whim W'him. (I'm next to the dancer in the middle)

June:
  • Started getting really interested in light painting
  • We were really into Avatar - Legend of Korra
July:
  • Flew to Denver with my group to sing at GALA - a huge choral conference for Gay and Lesbian groups.  which was really fun and I finally ended up making some good friends with people in the group, since I had been quite shy around them before that.
  • And the trip on the plane was really pretty.


  • that and a huge lack of creativity is all I remember about July
  • oh yeah, and we had a terrible 4th, down by the water, hungry, no restaurants open, and feeling like a burden to someone who wasn't exactly helping us by no fault of her own.
August:
  • Vacation in California
  • played effing golf.  for the first time.
  • We did some awesome hiking up to Arch Rock - a hike that ended up being twice as long as we thought it was, so we did 9 miles while racing daylight.

September:
  • I turned 21.
  • this was a big deal.
  • Late in the month, I started this blog.
  • short, easy recording session for this project-Revelation Film Project (I'm the singer for the last short.  I also hate this picture of myself) 

October:
  • carved a pumpkin in the shape of the skyrim dragon (hard to see in the dark though)
  • did hardly any blogging because I was so stressed out by school.  Every week was torture and I could not see any light at the end of the tunnel
  • put in my notice for my job at white house black market.  which felt so good.
November:
  • STRESSSTRESSSTRESS
  • Had my senior recital
  • finished my recital and made it out alive
  • worried about money.  a lot.  oh wait, that hasn't changed at all.
  • had a wonderful thanksgiving with our friend summer

December:
  • Finished my final term of college.  I am a graduate.  an alumnus.
  • recorded this rough draft, as well as two other pieces.
  • Started playing Far Cry 3.  This happened.

  • got super excited for christmas
  • Christmas itself ended up being a total bust, but at least there was the westwind trip.


So with a hopefully heart, I'm wishing that this year will be much better than the last.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I loved this post, so interesting. It looks like you've had a very good year. Thanks for commenting on my blog, not least because it meant that it led me to yours, and your beautiful music.
    Katie xx
    http://gravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and no problem; I think it's really interesting to follow people from other countries.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...