Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cullen's Junior Recital!




This past Saturday was Cullen's wonderful super mega awesome Junior Recital!

Technically, he's listed as a classical guitar major, but he really fits better into the composer-performer major and works on his own pieces as well as classical pieces to better his technique.

Junior recitals here are 30 minutes of music, so he did 5 original pieces with an awesome stage layout and more interesting lighting than most (usually people just have the lights on one setting for the whole show).

As you can see in the pictures below, the stage was covered in all sorts of mismatched candles, had an oriental area rug, and his little box table thing from home that he usually sets his capos etc on when he's practicing.






Unfortunately, on the day of his recital, I ended up getting really sick and stayed in bed until about 20 minutes before the show, where I tried really hard to look nice.  Actually, I had to have a friend of mine help me find some pieces of clothing I was looking for and braid my hair, because I could hardly move.  ugh.  that was fun.  

But oh well, it all ended up being alright, and I'm feeling totally better now.

The show was really fun and I was really really proud of him for doing so well.  and he got all dressed up and swanky and is really good at being comfortable on stage and talking to crowds and yes this is a run-on sentence, but he's just so cute, so I can't really help it.

alright, I'll free you from my gushing now.

P.S. This is my 100th post!





5 comments:

  1. I love the photos, and that you're so enthusiastic about it :)

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is so sweet. How awesome for him!! And I love that you were there to see him, even though you didn't feel well. You two are adorable!

    Happy 100th post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg it looks so great! the candles create a little ambiance :) it feels authentic and warm in the pictures! and congrats on your 100th post girl!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...