Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sick, and things that Aren't Glass

Over the past week, we've been having a few friends and family members over (or doing Seattle things out and about with them) since they're in town for Cullen's junior recital.  We actually got to go to the Chihuly museum and the science center, and it was all really really cool and beautiful, but I took so many pictures of glass, that they require their own post.

The actual show was last night and it was completely amazing, but I'll be writing about that in its own post later on, because right now, I have a lot of photos to get through.

Now, since there have been people over and things to do to prepare for the show, I got a little bit busy and a lotta bit sick recently.  But never fear!  I am feeling much better today and am finally ready to put up a bunch of photos.

Some of these are actually from the chihuly museum, but aren't of the actual pieces since I don't want to put doubles up.

Cullen, while waiting for me to go to finish my job interview.



"Valentine's Day" cookies that were on sale.  If this doesn't say classy date night, I don't know what does.

In the Chihuly gift store, there were all these cool little retro tv's showing the different videos they were selling, but they all looked really neat.

Have I mentioned that I really love Succulents?  I want these in my wedding bouquet in the distant future.


Cool little watch pendant necklaces and cuff links.

The window of the actual museum are color-wrapped, so everything outside looked really cool


This is my favorite photo of the bunch.  look at this cutie.  ugh.  Sorry, I'm gushing, but I can't really stop myself.

11 comments:

  1. I love succulents, too! Beautiful photos!

    xxx Sabrina
    http://butterflybrainblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Did the cookie dough come like that or did you add the chips? Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!! My favorite is the colored windows, thats soo cool. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from the blog hop! Your photos are absolutely stunning :)
    I too adore succulents and actually have them as my desk plant at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, i love these. especially the rainy one. and the one right before that. haha, hope you had a happy weekend!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I am your latest follower from the GFC collective! I would love for you to head on over and give me a follow to :-)

    http://www.curvyguruceri.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photographs are beautiful! My husband is a huge Chihuly fan...a trip to the museum is definitely in order. I'm so glad to have found your lovely blog! You have a new fan (and follower).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love 'em! I'm a huge Chihuly fan, so jealous you got to go! I'd love to see his work in real life some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was really awesome! I'll be posting photos soon, but I hope you get a chance to actually see the pieces at some point. :)

      Delete
  9. i grew up there and miss it like crazy. love love dale chihuly.

    -harley
    Harley & Jane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...