Monday, February 18, 2013

Teeny Tiny Kitchen: Cinnamon Pull-apart Bread

Alright, so last night, I fell into a major food coma, and here's why:


Oh. my.god.  I ate about half of this loaf, maybe more, and now it's gone.  Yesterday, I couldn't figure out what I wanted for breakfast, so I procrastinated and just snacked and made some coffee.  

I decided to take a look at my favorite what-should-I-make-today website, foodgawker, where I saw what was basically this recipe, but in spanish, which led me to the original post by joy the baker.

Since I still had some yeast left in the kitchen, I decided this was probably a good way to spend my sunday.







(This is my pajama sweatshirt, meaning that if you see me wearing it, I'm probably not planning on leaving the house.  Which explains the hair...)






Alright, so now that I've showed you all the delicious potential for this magical treat, here's the recipe:
  • 3c flour
  • 1/4c sugar
  • 1 pkg active dry yeast
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 oz unsalted butter
  • 1/3c whole milk
  • 1/4c water
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg

  1. mix 2c flour, 1/4c sugar, yeast, and salt.
  2. whisk eggs and set aside
  3. heat milk and 2oz butter in saucepan until butter is just melted
  4. remove from heat, add water and vanilla, and let cool for about 3 min
  5. add milk mix to dry ingredients, mix together
  6. add eggs to dough and thoroughly mix in
  7. add remaining cup of flour to the dough and mix together, it will still be sticky
  8. place dough in a greased bowl and allow to rise for 1h or until doubled in size
  9. whisk remaining 1c sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together and set aside
  10. heat 2 oz butter in saucepan until browned
  11. when dough is finished rising, roll to about 12"x20" or about as big of a rectangle as it can evenly make
  12. use pastry brush to coat flat dough in browned butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated
  13. slice dough into about 6 long equal strips, stack strips onto each other and cut into squares
  14. layer squares in greased breadpan and allow to rise for another 30-45 min
  15. bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until top is browned
  16. allow to cool for about 20 minutes, remove from pan and serve

Enjoy, everyone!  I know I did.

14 comments:

  1. Omigosh. This looks *so* yummy. I'm going to try and get my mom to make this for me, ehehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, I have pinned every. single. recipe. that you have posted since I started following you, plus a few from before! I am definitely going to try them all at some point, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well you'll get around to it and I'm sure it will be awesome!

      Delete
  3. I have never had pull apart bread but obviously I am missing out! This look wonderful, thank you for sharing!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing! I'll have to try it, I love cinnamon anything!

    http://bel-bien.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made a similar recipe that had pumpkin in it. It was SO good and this looks just as amazing.

    P.S. I love that you call it the "Teeny Tiny Kitchen" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My apartment has a slightly bigger kitchen than the last one (in the same building did) but it's still pretty hard to do anything that takes up space or involves multiple people.

      Delete
  6. Looks perfect. Although this would be dangerous in my house. My appetite for breads and sweets knows no limits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, believe me, it was dangerous here as well. That stuff barely lasted 2 hours, and I probably ate half of it.

      Delete
  7. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop! I love your blog, super cute! You can find my blog at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That look so delicious! It also looks like there isn't nearly enough of it lol I love your blog! :) I'm now following you

    xx

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm, this looks fantastic! Pinning now :]
    {Em♥teatreevintage.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so dangerous. Soo dangerous! Also, that second photo is super pretty (with the tea towel). New follower from the blog hop, lovely to have found you!

    http://myvintagepie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so amazing! I"m definitely going to try it but I'm very worried I will eat it all myself :)

    New follower from the GFC hop!
    Lacey @ CHARM + Sass

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...