Monday, March 4, 2013

A Top Pot Morning

Alright, so I know I'm calling this a "coffee date," but neither Cullen nor I really care for the type of coffee that real coffee connoisseurs drink.  When we do coffee, we do super creamy, super sugary drinks that resemble coffee about as much as coffee ice cream does. 

That being the case, when we go to places that are well known in the area for having good, serious coffee, well...we tend to go with hot chocolate.

On the other hand, our friend Summer was visiting with us again and she LOVES COFFEE.  Like she just drinks it black.  I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW ONE ACCOMPLISHES THIS, but that's ok, because the coffee place we went to was:
 

That's right, Top Pot.  For all of you non-Seattlites, Top Pot is a doughnut shop that puts a lot of effort into quality pastries and really good coffee.  So Cullen and I are always happy to go there, despite our aversion to  "serious" coffee.

They've even been featured on Travel Chanel before (on one of the countdown shows about cafes or doughnuts or something.  I can't remember the details)!







This branch of Top Pot is only 3 blocks downhill from our apartment, so it's a really nice way to spend a weekend morning.  There's usually nice music playing, a great atmosphere, and all the walls are lined with bookshelves, always filled with antiquarian books (usually from the 50's or earlier).

So if your are planning a trip up to Seattle any time soon, you should definitely make a stop at Top Pot. 




7 comments:

  1. Hi Octavia, I'm your new follower from the GFC Collective Blog Hop. I just love coffee shops and of course drinking coffee ;) Hope you can stop by and follow me as well. Have a great day! Carell at livfrugal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. books and coffee! makes me happy =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *love* coffee. I would totally go here if I ever make it to Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so I'm kind of freaking out. I absolutely love coffee. this shop is now added to my travel list (I've always wanted to visit Seattle...someday). lovely photos. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks lovely! i'm not a coffee drinker either (E and i prefer tea or cocoa as well). there's just something nice about being in a coffee shop though :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big coffee drinker and black, no sugar is the best ever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...