Saturday, March 2, 2013

Liebster No. 4!


Hello friends!  Today I'm excited because I recently received another liebster award from Pratya at Olive and Lavander!

Alright, so when I've done this before, it's been starting with 11 facts, 11 questions, and then 11 nominations, but the person who tagged me only did 10 and then 5 nominations.  I've done this type of post enough times that I feel like I'm just annoying people with the nominations, so I'll just do the facts and answer the questions.

10 facts:

1. I dyed my hair last night.  I used the same dye as I did 6 weeks ago, but left it in for WAY longer than the box suggested, and it actually turned out the color on the box!  you can totally see the purple this time!
2. I can't eat first thing in the morning without feeling awful and sick.  Caffeine totally exacerbates this problem.
3. I have really long nail beds
4. I didn't really realize that my hair was naturally wavy/curly until 8th or 9th grade.
5. I frequently wonder about the majority of my high school friends whether or not I'll ever see them again.  That's what happens when you move. and when you're bad at keeping up with anyone.
6. This hasn't happened quite so much in college (groceries are expensive) but whenever I was upset or sad or angry, I used to bake.  Because in the time it takes me to bake a cake, I know I'll feel better.
7. I usually don't wear makeup, or wear very little, but I'm a sucker for cosmetics advertising.  especially lipstick and lipbalm commercials.
8. I really enjoy reading, but I feel like I hardly do it often enough.  I'm always looking for new things to read, but besides harry potter, jane austen novels, and jane eyre, I feel like I haven't found any favorite books yet.  My favorite stories are love stories, but the "romance" genre is just ridiculous.  Why isn't there a sub-genre for really good recent literature that involves great love stories?
9. When I first wake up, I don't want to talk yet so I just sort of hum/squeak.  Cullen speaks fluent Octavia.
10. I think I could eat thai food every day for at least a week and still want more.  Or maybe that's because I was just eating leftover pad thai and just finished them.  :(

And now the questions for me. 


1. How did you decide to start a blog?
I've been bloggin on tumblr since a little over 3 years ago.  I started that one when I come home from chicago and had to take classes at PSU so my loans wouldn't turn over.  I felt like I wanted to keep better track of everything that was going on more so than on facebook or in a journal that I could forget about for a month.  And then over the summer, I started feeling like I seriously wanted to do blogging, so I wanted a more serious platform.  So here I am.

2. When was did you last do something for the first time?
hahahahaha, last night and unfortunately that information is not going on here.  sorry to be cryptic.

3. What do you do when you're not blogging?
when not blogging, I'm singing in choirs or helping teach music while working with kids or playing minecraft or having an awesome life with my wonderful significant other.  or watching friends or adventure time.  or cooking and baking.  and looking for work.

4. If you could live inside the story of a movie or book, what would it be and why?
Oh no!  almost all of my favorite love stories have some truly depressing aspect to them.  but since movie is an option, I'll say Amelie.  I really wish I lived in paris.

5. Modern or vintage?
Vintage.  Especially since I'm a musician and unfortunately, I can't deal with a lot of "modern" crap that people call music. (I mean this in terms of classical music circles, but pop music's pretty crappy too).  And I'm just a big fan of classic and timeless style.  I mean vintage like decorations and clothing from the earlier half of the 20th century, not the latter.

6. What is your current obsession?
...Can I say thai food again.  WAIT.  No, it's definitely minecraft.  I started breeding cows and farming sugar cane  the other day, so I could get more leather and paper to make more books, to make bookshelfs that increase my enchantments.  NERD.

7. How did you and your husband or boyfriend meet?
Cullen and I were in a year long writing class my first year at cornish.  It was a class that all freshman were required to take and I was a sophomore trasnfer student, but they didn't accept either of my two other freshman writing credits (Writing 121 in high school, and another entry writing class in chicago).

We didn't talk until maybe february when we talked about some music and stuff because he loves post rock and I love the stuff that's a step before post rock (so basically just without drums).  then we started being buds and hanging out a lot.  Towards the end of the term, I had a ton of food money left on my school card and he hard just about run out, so I because his sugar mama and we basically spent every dinner together.

Finally in may, we started being all shy and cute and stuff, but had to leave and not see each other until july when I had a trip to california (where he's from).  So we basically got together through texting in a short spurt of a distance relationship, and then qualified it as a real relationship after being together in california for a month.

I often wonder if we ever would have actually ended up together if I hadn't been required to take that writing class.  I don't know if we ever would have ended up being friends or hanging out a lot and then I would have missed out on the best part of my day and my favorite person in the world.  It's a little scary to think about.

8. If you could go back to your school days, which would you choose: elementary, high school, or college, and why?
Recently I was just thinking about how much better off I would have been if I'd had this much experience working with my voice when I started college.  I could have been so much better.

9. What language do you use in your daily conversation?
Sarcasm.  Humor. Profanity. internetspeak.

10. What is the most precious present you've ever received?
When I was around 6, I got two porcelain dolls for christmas that I really loved.  When I was around 12 or so, my mom bought me a jewelry set (necklace and ring and something else I think) with gold and sapphires - my birthstone.  As far as anything recent goes, Cullen and I don't have money to buy each other gifts, as much as we would like to spoil each other, but I really love getting written things from him, like cards etc.  the cards I get from him are so sweet and make me so happy.  I love this boy.

2 comments:

  1. I usually don't talk for about an hour after I wake up. Then I'm always faintly surprised at how deep/croaky those first few words are. Then my voice goes back to normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so interesting to read :) I was recently nominated for two more lie steed and didn't know how to go about doing them so this has given me some idea :) I don't really know many blogs with less than 209 that I haven't nominated before so I don't want to be annoying and nominate again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...