Monday, April 1, 2013

This Happy Day

Fellow bloggers, I invite you to say hello to the brand new Octavia the swimming instructor!

That's right!  I got the job!  I was basically grinning this whole afternoon.  This is a wonderful position and everyone seemed so friendly while I was there, and I feel so lucky to be getting this job, but you know what else I'm excited about?



  • I won't have to worry about rent.  
  • Cullen and I won't have to stress out about internet and electricity bills.
  • I can apply for foodstamps so we can get more than $160 a month.
  • We can spend money on healthier food and more produce even though it's more expensive
  • When we run out of food money, we won't have to eat macaroni or breakfast food for the rest of the month.
  • If I want some inexpensive article of clothing or if Cullen needs something, we can buy it.
  • I will finally be opening my own bank account and hopefully be completely independent of my mother.
  • (I can get thai food and qdoba burritos more often!)
  • And many, many more perks of having an income that I'll probably think of when I try to fall asleep tonight.





I'm so excited about this!  My final interview (with the manager) was today and I start training at some point this week.

It's been a pretty happy day.



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's so exciting!

    www.edeltherese.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! congrats on your new job! that's awesome girl :) definitely takes a weight off your shoulders.

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! It's so nice having a little extra money and being able to "Treat yo self"

    Thanks so much for your comment I just love photography so much and I try to make everything look as professional as my amateur self can =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooo! I'm so happy for you! I know how hard it is being jobless and trying to be independant and I know how excited you are too because I just got a job doing some casual nannying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo- congrats! And I love the picture you used in this post :-)

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...