Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Fifth of July?

In celebration of Independence Day this year, Cullen and I had plans to go to the Marin County Fair, watch fireworks, eat deep fried foods, maybe go on some rides, and have an all around picturesque time. 


However, when the late afternoon began to roll around, we realize we might have done a bit too much to fit in a trip to the fair for a few hours.  After all, we started the day with a fundraising pancake breakfast for Marin Fire Fighters, a local parade with all sorts of adorable home/community made floats and attractions, and then driving out to a beautiful but crowded beach to actually go swimming in the ocean and playing with the waves for a while might be the maximum amount of awesome to be crammed into a single day.

      

So we decided to go to the fair on the 5th.  We had the same experience, same good food, same music, same rides, same fireworks show at the end of the day, but with what I'm assuming was MUCH smaller crowds.


The Fireworks show was especially great because last year, due to some lack of communication and a few interesting factors, we had a really shitty fourth of july (basically stranded somewhere with no restaurants open and far away from any fireworks shows).  

And that being the case, I wasn't really able to take many photos of fireworks.  So this year was extra exciting and I took a whole bunch of pictures, as you can see.




The day was so nice, even if the evening ended up getting really cold (and in such stark contrast with the hot temps earlier, that no one had a coat).

We had some delicious totally unhealthy foods, and I had some of the best oysters I've had in my life. 
Oh, have I mentioned that I REALLY FREAKING LOVE OYSTERS?!  Cullen thinks they're gross, so I don't get them very often, but yeahhhh.

All in all, both the 4th and the 5th were pretty wonderful.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos!! I am glad you are back to blogging, I love reading your adventures. Looks like a good fourth and fifth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lighting and composition of the last photo especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish we had a ferry wheel here, too! This week there is a big fair in town, but even they don't have any rides. Your photos are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've captured the fireworks brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos of the fireworks! Well, all your photos are great but I find fireworks particularly tricky to photograph, so extra kudos for those! haha.
    www.thisanalogadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely fireworks and happy new year to you too!

    Check out my latest post on 2013 Christmas Recap :)
    ALxx
    "http://www.superrassspy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...